News about Weather
Weather by Region
Weather in Africa
- NOAA National Weather Service – Climate Prediction Center: African Desk: Presents 10-day summaries, assessments and long-range outlooks, monitoring and data analyses. Includes links to partnerships and other weather services.
- Weather Underground – Africa: Provides current conditions and forecasts for countries and cities within Africa.
- World Weather Information Service – Africa: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city. [Arabic, Chinese, English, Portuguese]
Weather in Asia
- Darwin Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre: Includes VAAC overview, ash detection, vaac hot topics, the latest advisory, and related links. Covered area includes Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and part of the Philippines, an area that has seen some of the biggest eruptions known to history. In addition, the Darwin Centre covers the relatively inactive area southward to the pole.
- Weather Underground: Asia: Temperature map of southern part of continent, links to countries and city maps and forecasts.
Weather in the Caribbean
- Marine Weather Center: Information including synopsis, marine and hurricane forecasts and news.
- Quick Hurricane Web Resource Navigator: Information and advise about hurricane and tropical storm from the National Hurricane Center.
- Weather.org – Caribbean Weather: Offers current radar, dynamic satellite, wind, seas and waves charts along with temperatures, forecasts and information about tropical storms and webcams.
Weather in Central America
- COLA: Four-day forecasts for Central America, as well as many other weather and climate data resources.
- Weather Underground: Weather information and links.
Weather in Europe
- Allmetsat: Weather Europe: Weather observations and forecasts for airports in Europe.
- European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts: Provides medium-range weather forecast support to European meteorological organizations.
- Intermeteo: Weather in Europe: 15-day weather forecasts for locations in Europe.
- Met Office: Europe: Climate and tourist information covering popular holiday destinations across Europe.
- Meteoalarm: Provides warnings in several languages for extreme weather conditions that are expected to occur somewhere in Europe.
- National Observatory of Athens: Europe: Weather forecasts for major cities in Europe and the Mediterranean region.
- Precipitation Maps: Weekly updated precipitation maps for Europe.
- Weather and Climate Data: A variety of maps provided by the National Weather Service.
- The Weather at Your Holiday Destination: An overview of the current weather and forecast of more than 400 destinations in Europe.
- Weather Underground: Europe: Temperature, visibility and other weather charts for Europe, and links to current national data and forecasts.
- WeatherOnline: Forecasts and current weather for locations in Europe.
- Westwind.ch: European weather links to maps and forecasts.
- XC Weather: Current weather observations and forecasts with maps of wind strength and direction across the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
Weather in the Middle East
- Weather Underground – Egypt: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- Israel Meteorological Service: Government agency observes the weather and climate of Israel and provides meteorological information. Includes sections on news, climate, forecasts, synoptic maps and weather radar. [English, Hebrew]
- Israel Weather: Local site provides a seven-day forecast for Israel and the neighboring region. Includes satellite imagery. [English, Hebrew]
- Meteoprog.co.il – Features forecasts for 100 Israeli cities: Weather in Israel. Detailed 15 -days weather forecasts for 100 locations. Current weather conditions. Interactive weather maps. Meteograms.
- Weather Underground – Israel: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- Turkey Weather Forecast: Turkey weather information with 3-day turkish cities’s weather forecasts.
- Turkish State Meteorological Service: Government agency provides forecasts, satellite images, maps, and data from resorts.
- Weather Underground – Turkey: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- World Weather Information Service – Turkey: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information for cities in Turkey.
Weather in North America
- 911Weather: Provides notification via fax, e-mail or pager of real-time National Weather Service watches and warnings.
- AccuWeather: Offers current local conditions, 5-day, 10-day, 15-day and extended weather forecasts plus weather maps, Doppler radar, and historical weather information.
- Find Local Weather: Look up weekly forecasts by city or zip code.
- Integrated Surface Irradiance Study: Offers updated Sun radiation data from U.S. network of stations.
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac Long-range Weather Forecasts: A folksy approach to weather that has been around for over 100 years.
- Qwikcast.com: Interactive weather site providing worldwide weather information to help plan the day, week, month.
- Time and Weather: Weather for over 25,000 US locations by zip code or city name. Timezones, current weather conditions, international weather, UV forecasts, radar maps, watches and warnings.
- UM Weather: The University of Michigan at Ann Arbor’s weather lab is among the pioneers of online weather products, including the excellent Weather Underground site.
- The Weather Channel: Offers forecasts for cities worldwide as well as radar and satellite maps. Also includes news stories and allergy information.
- Weather History – CityRating.com: Weather history data including temperature, relative humidity, precipitation, cloudiness and weather extremes in tabular and graphical formats.
- Weather Underground: Forecasts for cities, states and regions; U.S. weather maps, including radar maps, satellite imagery, fronts, and UV forecasts; and extensive related information.
- Weather Watch, Warning and Advisory Display: National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center severe weather information.
- WeatherBug: Free downloadable software provides your local weather forecast and weather report.
- weatherOnline!: Weather forecasts reports and graphics for the US by entering city and state or zip code.
- WeatherUSA.net: Weather information for the United States, including current conditions, lightning data, forecasts, SkyCams, weather warnings.
- WeatherVision: Streaming video forecasts for U.S. cities. TV weather forecasts on demand.
- WXnation: A compilation of links to Doppler radars, traffic and live cams, as well as local weather forecasts and airport delays for the major US cities.
- WxUSA: Weather links for 1500 US cities.
- Air Pollution in Canada: Real-time Air Quality Index Visual Map: Cross Canada or view stations on the map.
- Canadian Content Weather: Offers local forecasts and 5-day weather for many cities across the country.
- CANOE AccuWeather Page: 5-Day Forecasts, hourly observations, the Ray-Ban UV Index and tide forecasts for numerous cities by Province.
- Environment Canada Climate Normals: Provides information on the monthly normals for the thirty years prior to the end of the previous decade (currently 1971 to 2010).
- Environment Canada: Canadian Climate and Water Information: Detailed historical climate data for all Canadian weather stations.
- Farmzone.com: Online regional weather for farmers across Canada, twenty-four hours a day with hourly updates, from The Weather Network and MeteoMedia.
- Find Local Weather: Current conditions and five day weather forecasts for many Canadian cities.
- Government of Canada – Weather Information: Weather forecasts and climate information for Canada.
- Meteorological Service of Canada: Links to forecasts, current issues and descriptions of research and publications. Includes telephone numbers of staff spokespersons and details of the organization.
- The Weather Network: Provides current observations and forecasts for hundreds of cities in Canada, weather warnings, and seasonal reports.
- WeatheRadio Canada Station Directory: Basic and technical data station listings.
- ReliefWeb: Hurricane Wilma: Status reports from governments and non-governmental relief agencies, with information on needed supplies and personnel.
- Weather Underground – Mexico: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
Weather in Oceania
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology: Weather, climate and hydrology services; also details educational projects, publications, and contacts.
- Australian Severe Weather: Weather photography with over 3,500 weather photos catalogued, tropical cyclones, storm news and maps. Australian weather pages and data search engine.
- Australian Weather News: Summaries of national weather headlines and events. Access to bureau of meteorology information grouped by subject, figures compiled from multiple sources, and site profile included.
- Elders Weather: The latest weather forecast covering over 550 locations Australia wide.
- Oz Forecast: Forecasts and observations localised for each town or city, including satellite imagery and maps.
- Weather Chart: View chart of last 3 days of temperature and rainfall for any Australian location.
- weather.com.au: Australian and international weather forecasts, current conditions and maps.
- Weatherzone: Constantly updated satellite images, radar displays, forecast charts and a full range of Australian forecasts and current observations.
- World Weather Information Service – Australia: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city. [Arabic, Chinese, English, Portuguese]
- MetService: A Governmental agency that gathers, analyses and provides weather information for the public of New Zealand, and for a wide range of domestic and foreign commercial customers.
- New Zealand Weather Forum: The New Zealand centrepoint for weather reports, analysis and the discussion of thunderstorm/severe weather prognoses.
- Current New Zealand Weather: Links to real-time personal weather stations across the country.
- Hourly NZ Infrared Satellite: Weatherzone Australia gives New Zealand hourly infrared JMA MT-SAT images.
- Hydrometric Monitoring Network: A collection of links to all the regional council online river flow and rainfall information from around New Zealand.
- Landcare Research, Maps and Satellites: Ecosat, LENZ, Maori land visualisation tool, protected areas network (PAN-NZ), remote sensing and image processing, S-map online and threatened environment classification.
- Lightning Tracker – Canterbury: Live java lightning strike tracking for the Greater Canterbury region, based in Christchurch.
- Lightning Tracker – Waikato: Live java lightning tracking of lightning strikes for the Waikato region, based in Hamilton.
- MetVUW Weather and Climate Service: Satellite and radar images, upper air data, forecast charts, surface observations, and interesting weather events (cyclones).
- National Rural Fire Authority Weather: Maps showing fire danger, fire behaviour, fuel moisture and weather. Fire weather information is available for the last six months.
- New Zealand Soundings: Weather balloon ascents are under-taken daily at 12.00 and 00.00 NZST from Whenuapai Airbase, Paraparaumu and Invercargill Airport. Updated around 3-4 hours later.
- NIWA, National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research | Taihoro Nukurangi: Conducts leading environmental science to enable the sustainable management of natural resources for New Zealand and the planet.This includes providing critical information about our varying climate, essential to managing resources and reducing risks.
- OceanFun Publishing Ltd: Tide graphics, tables, and astronomical data for NZ.
- Predict Weather: Predicts long range weather forecasts using the Moon’s orbits, phases, lunar angles and almanac data.
- Rosie’s Weather Links: New Zealand Weather links by Steve Rosie, Christchurch. Note: some links may die out.
- Shamrock Lightning Detection: Part of the Blitzortung TOA based Lightning Detection network providing coverage for the Oceania region.
- ShellyPark Weather Station: Detailed weather information for the Shelly Park area in Howick, Auckland. Includes live weather information, webcam images and newly installed lightning tracker.
- Snow-Forecast.com: Based on data from NCEP, it provides multi-level forecasts for the New Zealand ski spots.
- Sphere | StrikeStar Australia and New Zealand: Networked lightning detection.
- St Albans/Mairehau Weather, Christchurch: A personal weather station (PWS) in one of many suburbs of Christchurch.
- Surf-Forecast.com: Forecasts and reports for the best beach breaks, reefs and point breaks in New Zealand grouped into regions. The Wave Finder tool suggests each day’s best surfing based on the local surf forecasts.
- TVNZ: Forecasts from the MetService including the latest TV one weather report, on demand.
- VHF site for New Zealand VHF Channels: New Zealand VHF Weather Channels and times.
Weather in South America
- World Weather Information Service – Argentina: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city.
- AccuWeather.com – Brazil: Get the Brazil weather forecast. Access hourly, 10 day and 15 day forecasts along with up to the minute reports and videos.
- Weather Underground – Brazil: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- World Weather Information Service – Brazil: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city.
- Weather Underground – Colombia: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- World Weather Information Service – Colombia: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city.
- Weather Underground – Peru: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- World Weather Information Service – Peru: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city.
- Weather Underground – Venezuela: Displays current conditions for all major cities on one page, with five-day forecast and more detailed information for each available.
- World Weather Information Service – Venezuela: UN weather agency’s month-by-month temperature and precipitation information by city.
Governmental Meteorology Agencies
Weather General Sites
- 4WX: US and global weather forecasts, weather maps, radar, Satellite views, weather calculators, weather glossary.
- AccuWeather: Features radar and satellite images and 5-day forecasts for United States locations.
- Accuweather.name: Provides up to ten day forecasts for cities in Europe or North America.
- Average Weather: Graphical representations for major cities around the world. Displays average rain, sunshine and temperature.
- BBC Weather: Current conditions and forecasts for the UK and the world. Includes background material about weather including climate change, glossary, calculators, video tour of the BBC Weather Centre and message board.
- Fast Weather Forecast: Fast weather forecasts, including 5-day forecast, hourly forecasts, local and national radar. Offers customizeable forecast plus weather for most international countries.
- Find Local Weather: Local, national and international forecast search. Get quick and accurate local forecasts. Clear and concise weather forecasts and maps with no pop-up or pop-under ads.
- Foreca Weather: Easy access to current weather, a detailed 5-day forecast, and weather maps.
- Forecast Advisor: Compares forecasts between Accuweather, Intellicast, MyForecast, National Weather Service, or Weather Channel for cities and states.
- FreeMeteo.co.uk: Worldwide information. Displaying temperature, a seven day forecast and a live satellite image. Forecasts are also offered per city. Lists local mountains, ski resorts and has a coordinates calculator.
- Goldweather.com: Provides a six day worldwide forecasts.
- Hardcore Weather: Forum with severe, local, winter and tropical weather being discussed. Also has a section for pictures and videos.
- Intellicast: Detailed weather and forecast information around the globe. Features include surface maps, charts, satellite imagery, and recreational outlooks.
- Intermeteo.com: Provides five day forecasts for cities, worldwide.
- Local Conditions: Quickly check local weather conditions – including current daily weather report and 5 day forecast, with temperatures provided in Fahrenheit and Celsius. U.S. Cities include up-to-date NWS alerts, warnings, or advisories.
- Makpro.com: Gives an hour by hour breakdown of the forecast in a chosen location. Also gives the times of sunset, sunrise, moonset and moonrise.
- MeoWeather: Offers a seven day forecast, generated by entering the required city into a search box.
- Met Office: Forecasts and data for UK and the world, weather warnings, UV index, maps, marine information and satellite imagery. Describes the commercial weather and environmental services offered.
- MeteoEarth: Offers a three dimensional globe of the world showing changes over a 24 hour period. Cloud cover, wind, pressure and tropical storms can be observed.
- MeteoGuru: Presents long-term forecasts worldwide.
- MyForecast: Features forecasts, reports and maps for global locations.
- National Weather Service: Official U.S. weather, marine, fire and aviation forecasts, warnings, meteorological products, climate forecasts and information about meteorology.
- Oplao: Provides hourly, 7 or 14 day forecasts for major cities of the world. Includes a blog. Also provides a history of the weather going back a few years.
- Show My Weather: Provides a worldwide, city-focused seven day forecast. Includes embedding coding for websites.
- Unisys Weather: Complete weather information, including local forecasts, weather forecast models, numerous radar and satellite images, maps and graphs.
- USA Today Weather: Features global forecasts and information on meteorological topics.
- The Washington Post: Weather: Weather information for cities locally and around the world and historical weather on various locations.
- The Weather Channel: National Weather Outlook: Alerts, forecasts, and current conditions. [RSS]
- Weather City: Weather reports for cities around the world.
- Weather for You: Weather for the US and worldwide. Current conditions through personal weather station network. Forecasts, radar, weather satellite, folklore and links to related information.
- Weather Forecast 10 Day: Target location can be searched for, or navigated to through the major countries and cities of the world.
- Weather Line: Offering free to the public, weather forecasts by phone and the web.
- Weather Online: Forecast for Great Britain, Ireland and worldwide. Supplies animated and graphical maps, radar images and links to webcams.
- Weather Street: Interactive weather forecast animations for the United States, much of Canada, Mexico, and surrounding waters. 3-hour time resolution, updated twice daily. Broadband access recommended.
- Weather Tomorrow: Offers a 15 day long-term forecast or an hour by hour forecast for the current day. Data is available for major cities of the world.
- Weather Underground: Weather forecasts for the U.S. and the world with a fast, easy to use interface. Includes weather maps, graphics and radar images.
- Weather Zombie: Simple current, daily and hourly forecasts. With a search box to check another location. FAQs and store.
- Weather-Forecast.com: Presents a ten day forecast for cities of the world. Also provides animated maps and photograph galleries.
- Weather.com: Offers forecasts for cities worldwide as well as radar and satellite maps. Also includes news stories and allergy information.
- Weather.info: Forecasts offered worldwide, with severe weather graphically depicted on maps for the UK and Europe. Also offers forecasts for travelers.
- Weather.Mirbig.net: Provides reports on cities across the world. Reports include temperature, wind direction and speed, and humidity.
- Weather.org: World Weather forecasts, satellite, radar, surface charts, temperature, wind and seas.
- Weather2Umbrella: Provides forecasts worldwide. Also offers the forecast for air and sea travel and major sporting events.
- Weatherbadger.com: Detailed weather forecasts and interactive weather charts covering every 3 hours for up to a week ahead, for locations in European and North America. Search by town/city name, latitude and longitude, or UK post code.
- weatherUSA.net: Information and data for the United States, including live conditions, SkyCams, lightning data, forecasts, maps, warnings, and TraffiCams.
- WMO – World Weather Information Service: Official observations and forecasts plus directory of governmental weather sites. From the UN World Meteorological Organization. [Arabic, Chinese, English, Portuguese]
- World Buddy: Database containing weather information and current time in all areas of the world. Displays a sunlit globe image with the selected area indicated.
- World Weather Online: Offers long-term forecasts for cities around the world. Includes the UV index, the local time and the expected precipitation.
- Worldmeteo: Gives ten day forecasts for cities around the world. Multilingual.
- Yr.no: Weather forecasts for most places in the world. Features observations, short and long term forecasts, maps, radar animations and pictures.